It’s already July 18th. JULY 18th!! So we’ve come to the rescue to help you make the most of your remaining days & nights of these summer months. So get on it!
1. A rad summer playlist. For wanders around the market, lazing seaside, or cruising around with the top down. Here’s what we’re listening to during these warmer months: musica to sunbathe to.
2. A pair of perfectly broken in flip flops. You know, the ones you never regret slipping on or throwing in the weekender bag. Maybe it’s our Southern California roots, but we will never, ever abandon our love of Rainbow sandals (they’re made in L’s hometown of San Clemente). Just. The. Best.
3. Some neon in your wardrobe. On your toes, tied around your hair, strapped around your feet (but not on your face).
4. A classic white Oxford. For throwing over a bikini, pairing with tailored skinnies in your favorite summer hue, or tucking into a patterned A-line skirt. For staples like this we turn to classic brands & we love this one from Gap.
5. Oversized sunnies. It’s all about sun protection. We’re partial to wayfarers, but pick a shape that suits that pretty face. Right now we’re adoring these J. Crew beauties + these lovelies from Warby Parker.
6. A long and leisurely reading list. A summer library definitely requires a mix of literature & lighter fare. You can borrow ours. Favorites so far: Maine + Notes from a Small Island — both PERFECT summer reads, if you ask us (and you’re here reading this, so we’ll assume ya did)
7. A chic, eco-friendly, BPA-free water bottle. Hydration, hydration, hydration. Here’s our fav (good for the earth + good for you)
8. A go-to summer nail color. We’re partial to Essie’s clambake (need we explain why?) Such a party on our toes.
9. A getaway to look forward to (if you can swing it). Whether it be lounging beachside in the Hamptons, eating lobster rolls on the Cape, wine tasting in Santa Barbara, or camping (let’s be honest – glamping out) in Yosemite, having a weekend away at the mid to late summer point is such a source of excitement (think: days crossed off of calendars and countdown clocks ticking down). We’ve been lucky enough to be whisked off (but, ahem, we ourselves did the whisking) to Sonoma and the mountains in Colorado this summer. What are your travel plans?
10. An arsenal of favorite no-cook summer recipes. For when it’s too hot to turn your oven on, and you need a wee break from grilling. We are working on putting together a GAGGLE of summer salad recipes here on Stately, but for now, here are a few of our favorites: kale salad + avo & burrata salad + a whole bunch of delicious looking ones from Camille Styles.