The only thing we feel like baking this summer. We’ve been making this insanely easy, perfectly delicious tomato-smothered frittata just about every week this summer. Amazing for breakfast all by itself, for lunch beside some simple mixed greens, or for dinner served with some herby roasted potatoes.
Best with farm fresh eggs & tomatoes ripened in the sun and picked straight from the earth.
6 whole eggs
4 Tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp thyme
4 ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
The How To
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Heat a pan over medium heat and add a touch of oil or butter
3. Crack your eggs into a bowl and add in 2 Tbsp of your cheese and garlic. Whisk until slightly smooth but not frothy
4. Add egg mixture to the pan, sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt and black pepper
5. Leave alone until the bottom of the eggs start to set and the sides turn a bit brown. Then sprinkle oregano over top and arrange tomato slices in a circular pattern over the eggs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Transfer pan to the oven and bake until eggs are set and cheese is melted (about 8 minutes)
7. Turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the top
Adapted just slightly from Bon Appetit